The double-edged safety razor is a razor with a slant bar that can be used on both sides, with two open edges. The blade on the double-edged safety razor is slightly curved to allow for a smoother and cleaner shave. With the disposable razor only made of a single blade and a plastic handle, it easily became a convenient tool for countless of men who liked the fact that they can get a quick shave, even more safely than a safety razor.
The safety razor is gentler on the skin. Because it only has a single blade, there aren’t many opportunities for cutting skin—unless of course, one is really clumsy. A safety razor also allows more maneuverability than a cartridge disposable. The safety razor design allows to make slight adjustments to the angle, thereby increasing the quality of shave. Present razor technology has sufficiently improved on the basic design so that disposables now come in blade cartridges-which essentially contain blades-in the belief that the more blades a razor has, the better shave it can provide.
1. Cost Effective: Although it may seem expensive to buy a double edged razor it is very affordable in the long run bearing in mind that the only thing will require to buy are the blades which are actually low-priced than cartridges blades.
2. Balance: This razor maintains a constant viewpoint while shaving due to its use of pivot, this makes it the best because it becomes easier and quicker to use. This is the best aspect about it.
3. Comfort: Even though most people want to go the modern way, those that have chosen this traditional way of shaving have recommended it to be economical and easy to use.
4. Time Management: If are the type of person who values time then it is time put aside those expensive cartridges and embrace a double edged razor this is because results have shown that it is indeed very fast to use.
The demand for men's grooming market has seen a rise in the last few years because of increased consciousness of their looks among the male customer. Also as more than 50% of the population is under the age group of 30, the industry has huge local market. Moreover, rising urban middle class population, and improved distribution channels in tier II and tier III cities, are also expected to stimulate growth in the market through 2020. Men's grooming product can be divided into Bath & Shower products, Hair Care, Skin Care, Deodorants and Shaving products.
Shaving products currently control the largest market share in terms of revenue in Indian men's grooming market. As per NOVONOUS estimates, Indian shaving products market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% till 2020 and maintain its market share position even in 2020. Entrepreneurs who invest in this project will be successful.
Few Indian major players
1. Everkeen Blade Co. Ltd.
2. Gillette India Ltd.
3. Jindal Stainless Ltd.
4. Laser Shaving Products Pvt. Ltd.
5. Narang Medical Ltd.