Milk is a vital component of human nutrition. It's tasty, easy to digest, and nutrient-dense. Proteins, fat, sugar, minerals, and a variety of vitamins are all present in large amounts. India is only second to the United States of America and the Soviet Union in terms of milk production in the world. However, India's milk production is insufficient to meet the needs of its huge population, as daily average intake per person is less than half of the ideal requirement of roughly 310 grammes.
Fresh milk products, concentrates, and dried goods are all available as options for milk and milk products. Fresh milk and concentrates can be substituted with milk powders. Converting liquid dairy streams to powder provides a handy and steady supply of milk solids.
1. Milk Powder is consumed as a food.
2. It is a complete newborn food.
3. It's used to make curd, butter, ghee, cream, and ice cream, among other things.
4. Milk powder is used in almost every household.
5. It is used in the preparation of milk meals in hotels and restaurants, as well as tea and coffee.
6. It is used in the manufacturing of cheese, yoghurt, ice cream, and lassi.
From 2018 to 2025, the global milk powder market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4.4 percent, from $27,783.3 million in 2017 to $38,086.1 million in 2025. Milk powder is a dry dairy product made by evaporating milk to dehydrate it. Making milk powder has the goal of extending the shelf life of milk without the need of a refrigerator. Whole milk powder, skimmed milk powder, dairy whitener, and various varieties of milk powder are available.
Few Indian Major Players
1. D S P I Milk Foods Ltd.
2. Haryana Milk Foods Ltd.
3. Herman Milkfoods Ltd.
4. K K Milk Fresh India Ltd.
5. Kamdhenu Foods Ltd.
6. Markandeshwar Foods & Allied Products Ltd.