An electric motor is a machine that turns electricity into mechanical energy. The bearing journals and rotor diameter are finish-machined as a rotor assembly by some motor manufacturers, notably those producing sizes of 5 hp and more. This technique ensures that the bearing journals and rotor diameter are perfectly aligned.
The interaction between the motor's magnetic field and electric current in a wire winding generates force in the form of torque imparted to the motor's shaft in most electric motors.
The following are some of the uses for electric motors.
• Blowers, fans, machine tools, pumps, turbines, power tools, alternators, compressors, rolling mills, ships, movers, and paper mills are all examples of electrical motor applications.
• The electric motor is used in a variety of applications, including HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), home appliances, and motor vehicles.
Due to the presence of a large number of participants, including huge corporations and small and medium-sized businesses, the Indian market for electric motors is highly fragmented. During the period 2020-2026, the India Electric Motors Market is expected to develop at a CAGR of 5.9%. The growing popularity of electric vehicles is propelling the global and Indian electric motor markets to new heights. Due to growing fuel prices and rigorous laws aimed at reducing air pollution levels across the country, demand for automobile electric motors is likely to increase in the coming years. Furthermore, the FAME II programme for 100 percent vehicle electrification, the Make in India programme, and other programmes aimed at helping India realise its goal of becoming a global manufacturing hub will continue to drive demand for electric motors in the country.
Few Indian Major Players
1. A B G Motors Ltd.
2. Brook Crompton Greaves Ltd.
3. Hyoseong Electric India Pvt. Ltd.
4. Jem Industries Ltd.
5. Lakshmi Electrical Drives Ltd.
6. Manmir Engineering Inds. Ltd.
7. Marathon Electric India Pvt. Ltd.