Vehicle scrapping units, also called scrapyards, are now playing an important role in the waste management industry as people get more aware of pollution and the need to reduce carbon emissions by limiting vehicle use and preventing old, unused vehicles from being parked for long periods of time and becoming environmental hazards. A vehicle scrapping unit will not only help your community keep its environment clean but will also provide you with additional income through vehicle recycling. A vehicle scrapping unit helps keep your community safe by making sure that old, rusting, and unwanted vehicles are disposed of quickly and properly, without posing a threat to the environment or to people walking by them.
An automated vehicle scrapping unit is a facility where end-of-life vehicles are brought to be dismantled and recycled. The process is done completely by machines, which makes it faster and more efficient than traditional methods. To set up such a unit would take an investment of about €1 million for the machinery, about €150 thousand for the building, and €150 thousand for the machinery.
At the same time, it ensures that the recycling process preserves both the environment and human health. In order to maximize this effect, scrap metal is melted down and remolded into new products before being shipped off for sale or storage. This makes the process more efficient and less expensive. Most of these facilities are located outside of major cities because it would take up too much space if they were located inside. Instead, they're built close to ports or other transportation hubs so that the scrap metal can be exported. In most cases, scrap metal like steel can only be recycled once or twice before it becomes too small to make a profit off of.
Uses and Application
An automated vehicle scrapping unit can be a great addition to any business that deals with the recycling of vehicles. Not only does it save time and money, but it also helps to keep the environment clean. Here are some of the many uses and applications for an automated vehicle scrapping unit The scrap metal generated by this process is then reused in other manufacturing processes, which has environmental benefits because it prevents natural resources from being wasted.
And although it is not possible to recycle all metals, when materials such as copper or aluminum cannot be recycled they can still find their way into new products through reprocessing.
This eliminates waste and cuts down on the need for mining or drilling raw materials out of Earth’s crust.
· Environmental Benefits - Steel is one of the main materials of a car; the majority of the components utilized to build it, including its framework, are made of steel.
· Wildlife Protection - Another thing to consider is that responsible vehicle recycling can also help to protect the local flora and fauna. Steel mining is not eco-friendly and leads to soil pollution and erosion, which means animals are unable to maintain their normal habits, not to mention they can become unhealthy as well
· Reuse of Vehicle Parts - In addition to protecting the environment, vehicle recycling allows for the reuse of parts that help to conserve the finite resources on Earth.
· Conservation of Energy and Resources - Vehicle recycling ensures that steel is recycled instead of being newly manufactured, which helps to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases into the environment. It also helps to conserve energy, as melting down existing steel is more efficient than refining iron ores.
· Make Space - A major benefit of scrapping your car is, of course to free up space in your garage, driveway or parking spot.
The United Kingdom vehicle recycling market reached a value of US$ 1.64 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.35 Billion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 6.3% during 2022-2027.
The Indian market for automated vehicle scrapping units is expected to grow significantly in the next few years. This is due to the increasing number of vehicles that are being scrapped each year.
The main challenge for this industry will be to find skilled labor to operate the machines. The current government is very active on creating a greener environment and has launched a new ELV policy which bans diesel and petrol vehicles of ten years or more; the implementation of this policy could result in pollution levels decreasing by almost 24 per cent.
Additionally, the government is also encouraging the use of these units in order to reduce environmental pollution.
Steel Scrap 6,000 Units Per Annum
Aluminum Scrap 900 Units Per Annum
Copper Scrap 150 Units Per Annum
Plastics 1000 Units Per Annum
Old Lube Oil 60 Kl Per Annum
Battery 12000 Nos Per Annum
Rubber Scrap 200 Units Per Annum
Glass Scrap 200 Units Per Annum