Menthol is a white crystalline chemical product. It is manufactured either from natural source or isproduced synthetically. Laevo or Racemic form are only therapautically active melting point ofnatural or synthetic laevo menthol lies between 41 and 44°C. Some manufacture classify crystalsaccording to their shape and size and thus many terminologies are used by them e.g. bold crystalmedium crystals, medium extra crystals, medium extra-large crystals. Menthol crystals are great inhalants by themselves and are easily combined into recipes. It is useful as natural pesticide that means it can use pure Menthol in the garden where other insects or honey bee hives to prevent moths.
1. Menthol is a hair growth accelerator; we can use it by adding menthol crystals to hair oil.
2. Menthol crystal also helps in sunburn; it calms sunburns when mixed with aloe vera gel.
3. It reduces black heads and white heads and remove dark sports.
4. Menthol control plague or kills bacteria that can contributes to the development of gingivitis
Menthol crystals are majorly derived from natural sources and therefore these are gaining more importance in developed and developing markets. Increasing focus of manufacturers towards natural and sustainable products is pushing the growth of natural based products from various industries. Cosmetic industry is highly regulated and therefore is demanding natural based raw materials for manufacturing cosmetic products. This is expected to drive the menthol crystals market in coming years.
Few Indian Major Players
1. Bhagat Aromatics Ltd.
2. Everest Flavours Ltd.
3. Halcyon Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
4. Jindal Drugs Pvt. Ltd.
5. Malik Polychem Ltd.
6. Rupangi Impex Ltd.
7. Sharp Mint Ltd.
8. Swati Menthol & Allied Chemicals Ltd.