The cargo container industry produces a lot of intermodal containers each and every year. They are used to transport goods all over the world. About 180 million container loads crisscross the oceans each year in about 5000 container ships. International shipping of containerized commodities is indispensable for global trading firms to thrive in the increasingly competitive economic environment.
Containers are either made of steel (the most common for maritime containers) or aluminum (particularly for domestic) and their structure confers flexibility and hardiness.
1. Refactor Existing Applications For Containers: Although refactoring is much more intensive than lift-and-shift migration, it enables the full benefits of a container environment.
2. Develop New Container-Native Applications: Much like refactoring, this approach unlocks the full benefits of containers.
3. Provide Better Support for Micro services Architectures: Distributed applications and micro services can be more easily isolated, deployed, and scaled using individual container building blocks.
4. Provide Easier Deployment of Repetitive Jobs and Tasks: Containers are being deployed to support one or more similar processes, which often run in the background, such as ETL functions or batch jobs.
The global Shipping Containers Market was accounted for US$ 10,350.1 Mn in terms of value and 306,324 Thousand Units in 2019 and is expected to grow at CAGR of 5.9% for the period 2020-2027. Increasing speed, reliability, and safety of containerization have compelled companies to opt for containers to ship their goods. Decreasing the cost of long-distance containerized transportation combined with globalization of trade further boosts containerization.
Few Indian Major Players
1. D C M Hyundai Ltd.
2. J K Technosoft Ltd.
3. Techno-Cap Equipments India Pvt. Ltd.