Food colors are an important part of the food additives market. Food coloring, or color additive, is any dye, pigment or substance that imparts color when it is added to food or drink. They come in many forms consisting of liquids, powders, gels, and pastes. Food coloring is used both in commercial food production and in domestic cooking.
Being a part of the Global Food and Beverage Industry, food colors market has huge potential to grow in the emerging and developing economies such as India. Food & beverage manufacturers are resorting to natural and synthetic food colors to enhance the organoleptic appeal of the finished product.
The food colors market is growing with the increase in demand for food. The growth of the natural colors market segment depends on the consumers’ preference for natural and healthy food colors. This growth will be maintained in the future with finding new sources of raw materials, the launch of new products, and using advanced technologies for color production.
The natural food flavors, by type, has been segmented into natural extracts, aroma chemicals, essential oils, and others which include spices and fermentation. The application segment of natural food flavors includes beverages, savory & snacks, bakery & confectionery, dairy & frozen, and others which include soups, salad, condiments, dressings, and sauces.
The global food colours market is expected to witness an upsurge owing to the introduction of new food products with natural ingredients and colouring pigments. Furthermore, factors such as technological advancements, growing demand for clean label products and stringent regulations on synthetic colouring agents are influencing manufacturers to incorporate more natural colourants in their offerings. Increasing use of natural food colour by the food processing industry is a key factor driving the growth of the market. Food colors market is projected to reach $2.5 billion by 2020; growing at a CAGR of 4.5%.
Food additives are functional substances that are normally neither consumed as food itself nor are used as ingredients, but are intentionally added in food to assist to improve their certain characteristics such as aroma, colour, consistency, taste, texture and/or shelf life. Food additives are edible substances added to food products to enhance their taste, color, appearance and texture. Besides improving quality, these additives are added to prevent microbial growth and increase longevity of processed food products.
Used for enhancing quality and appearance of food products, food additives find diverse application in beverages, bakery, confectionary, dairy and meat & poultry products. Major factors driving the market include rising urban middle class population, improving living standard of consumers, growing working opportunities and increasing women workforce.
The rising population, growing demand for food, need for food preservation, growing concerns towards food safety due to contamination, rising health concerns, consumer demand for better quality, and increasing consumption of premium food products have been the important reasons driving the demand for food additives such as acids, anti-caking agents, food colors, emulsifiers and stabilizers, enzymes, flavors, preservatives, sequestrants, humectants, firming & crisping, agents, Nutritive additives, and sweeteners. Owing to this, additives have gained global importance over the years, and are being increasingly used in existing as well as new & emerging food applications.
The food additives market, in terms of value, is projected to reach USD 52.2 Billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2015.
Reasons for buying our reports:
• This report helps you to identify a profitable project for investing or diversifying into by throwing light to crucial areas like industry size, market potential of the product and reasons for investing in the product
• This report provides vital information on the product like its characteristics and segmentation
• This report helps you market and place the product correctly by identifying the target customer group of the product
• This report helps you understand the viability of the project by disclosing details like machinery required, project costs and snapshot of other project financials
• The report provides a glimpse of government regulations applicable on the industry
• The report provides forecasts of key parameters which helps to anticipate the industry performance and make sound business decisions.
• Our research reports broadly cover Indian markets, present analysis, outlook and forecast for a period of five years.
• The market forecasts are developed on the basis of secondary research and are cross-validated through interactions with the industry players
• We use reliable sources of information and databases. And information from such sources is processed by us and included in the report