Activated carbon, Granular Activated Carbon (GAC), Activated Carbon, Activated Carbon Powder, Powdered Activated carbon (PAC), activated charcoal, activated coal, Activated Fuller Earth, Pelleted activated carbon (EAC), Impregnated carbon, Polymers coated
Activated carbon is a black solid substance resembling granular or powdered charcoal. It is extremely porous with a large surface area, Activated carbon is produced from organic based materials such as coconut shells, palm-kernel shells wood chips, sawdust, corn cobs, seeds etc. Activated carbon prepared from Bamboo has been found to be the best in terms of surface area and adsorption capacity.Manufacture of activated charcoal is one glaring example of extracting useful product from what was considered wasteful hitherto. Activated charcoal has found use in various industries starting from water filtration to detoxification of body.
Activated carbon can be used for removal of organic chemicals, chlorine, lead, unpleasant tastes and odors in effluent or coloured substances from gas or liquid streams by the mechanism of adsorption. Adsorption can be classically defined as absorption on the surface of the material due to capillary condensation inside the multitude of pores and active sites available. Modern water purifiers come with activated carbon filter. Activated carbon water is very effective in removing chlorine from water which is cancerous if consumed.
High-grade activated carbon can be obtained from woody material like bamboo having inherent mechanical strength, high carbon and low ash content. Since India is the second largest producers of bamboo, there exists an excellent scope for producing bamboo based high-grade activated carbon if appropriate technology is developed and exploited at commercial level.India, have also made good progress in the field of manufacture of activated charcoal prepared from abundant supply of coconut shells, collected after using the kernel and coconut water.
India has been one of major exporters of activated carbon of late and is expected to do better in the coming years.
Reasons for buying our reports:
- This report helps you to identify a profitable project for investing or diversifying into by throwing light to crucial areas like industry size, market potential of the product and reasons for investing in the product
- This report provides vital information on the product like its characteristics and segmentation
- This report helps you market and place the product correctly by identifying the target customer group of the product
- This report helps you understand the viability of the project by disclosing details like machinery required, project costs and snapshot of other project financials
- The report provides a glimpse of government regulations applicable on the industry
- The report provides forecasts of key parameters which helps to anticipate the industry performance and make sound business decisions.
- Our research reports broadly cover Indian markets, present analysis, outlook and forecast for a period of five years.
- The market forecasts are developed on the basis of secondary research and are cross-validated through interactions with the industry players
- We use reliable sources of information and databases. And information from such sources is processed by us and included in the report